If This Is My Last Blog Post...

... I will be amazed. Warning to my non-religious readers: Christian stuff is about to be discussed, but at the end I include a list of things I'll be sorry won't happen should tomorrow not be a normal day. That could be funny.

In case you are unaware aka you haven't read the paper, turned on the t.v., used the internet, been outside lately, the world's supposed to end tomorrow says Harold Camping. He used math to figure it out.

He also used math to predict the world's end in September 1994. That obviously didn't happen and I have his statement about why he was wrong...oh wait, he never addressed it.

But we're supposed to believe him this time. No thanks.

My Dad put it well when we were talking earlier; he said he can't understand why people think God's playing this huge cosmic joke on us saying only He knows the date and time but is letting one guy figure it out with math or random clues tossed in everywhere when the rest of the Bible is fairly explicit regarding how life works and what we can expect from Him.

Things are promised to us. And we hold Him to that because it's in our nature to get what we are promised. And we're promised that the Lord will return one day "like a thief in the night." (1 Thessalonians 5:2).

We as believers are assured hope in the future. But Paul warned the Thessalonians and us not to be fixated on any part of it, including and probably especially the Second Coming. "Lead a quiet life and mind your own business" (1 Thessalonians 4:11). We know what's coming. We know what's going to happen. Why bother with when? We should be prepared all the time. Living a life that is good and pleasing to Him and ready to live to an old age and die in our beds, to be called Home sooner than planned, to be part of the End of Days, whatever His plan we need to be ready.

Knowing when you'll die, when the world will end, anything on those lines ruins life. Scientists have figured out a way to do that apparently. But knowing removes the fun and spontaneity of our choices and the pureness of our faith. It creates panic and rather than wait for the actual cause of my death the fear alone would kill me.

None of us would concentrate on living.

I fully believe in life after death and that this world is not the end, but being here is what defines me. It's my responsibility and privilege to work hard and share the gospel through my life not to sit and pray for the end. As wonderful as it will be to be there, I'm in no rush to finish life here.

Because (and this is where my non-religious friends jump back in!!) I have a list of some of the short-term consequences of the world ending:

*We'll never get to hear Born this Way in full,
*We'll never find out who River Song is,
*We'll never see if New Directions win Nationals,
*We won't have to sit through Breaking Dawn Parts 1 or 2, which really is a mercy because they will inevitably be as horrid as the last 3 installments.

But Steve Carell has already left the Office so we got to see that and know how all that went down. And I played Laser Tag, so scratch that off the list of things to do before the Rapture.

I've also been blogging on here for a whole year! May 13 is my blog's anniversary! I missed it because I'm busy, but now I wish I'd celebrated it. Made cupcakes or something.

It's been a good year, I've enjoyed writing about it. I've enjoyed sharing it with all 16 of you. So, good luck tomorrow. Hopefully it all goes our way, whatever happens.

But I'll probably see you on Monday.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.