#summerbucketlist #bossassbitch

I read an article at the beginning of the summer about a bucket list single girls could totally do. The author's reasoning for creating the list (because she's a puppy and needs to be with other people constantly) were not relatable. However, it looked like so much fun. And so I set out the accomplish a couple of things on the bucket list and created my own along the way.

The list isn't epic. Nowhere on it is things like jump off a mountain (not on my lifetime bucket list) or live in London for a year (definitely on my lifetime bucket list), but rather was comprised of simple things. Simple, everyday, summery things that I could do. Because, now is my time and I wanted a list of things I could see the benefits from immediately.

So I did.

I didn't do all of them, but a lot. The point was never to do the whole list. I wanted to do something different and make it a summer to remember. Little did I know that a ton of other things would definitely add to that, but I wanted to have some adventures.

And it was as much fun as I thought it would be. I did these in whatever order I wanted, because I'm unpredictable. Yesterday was the last day of summer, so my time's up, so read on to see what I did this summer.

2. See a movie by myself.



I saw "The Fault in Our Stars." I love seeing movies alone, and I haven't done it in a while! I'd wanted to see this one since I heard they were turning this great book into a movie and used this bucket list as my excuse.
3. Eat an entire watermelon in one day.
Not even a challenge. Watermelon is my favorite fruit. I remember going to buffet's with my family after church when I was a kid and having a separate plate for just watermelon slices. It's the best summer food and eating an entire one, on my own, in one day, was like a dream I never knew I had.

5. Make real fruit smoothies.
I LOVE smoothies!! I had just bought chia seeds and have been trying to think of ways to use them, and a tablespoon or two in my morning smoothie has been so nice. My favorite (pictured right) was the Pina Colada: 1 cup of milk, 1 banana, pineapple (I froze the pineapple so I didn't need to add ice), and 1/4 cup of coconut flakes. So tasty.

7. Eat kid foods for a whole day.
This sounded fun and was, but it gave me a tummy ache. I had Lucky Charms, Gogurt, Gushers, and chocolate milk. I made Mac 'n Cheese, and by the end of the day I was dying for a cup of coffee but also suffering from a sugar crash. Still, I understand, appreciate, and now love Gogurt. What a fantastic invention.

8. Fill a coloring book.
This one was awesome! I got completely lost in coloring when I took the time to do it. One time, I needed more room and laid down on the floor surrounded by crayons. I wish someone had taken a picture, but it was 3 a.m.

10. Pick a summer anthem.
This one was a little more challenging. I love music. How do you choose from all the great summer songs what your anthem will be? I chose "Do It Again" by Royksopp & Robyn because I love Robyn, so much. And when I heard this song, I played it over and over for a couple of days. It's super fun and funky AND it kind of represents my summer. I started working with Brelby Theatre Company and since March I've been doing one show after another in some capacity (I'll talk about this later), and it was just do it again, and again, and again.

Other anthem choices included:


This song sounds like sweat running down your back when you slow dance with your boyfriend under the stars at a tailgate party.


I just love this song. It's romantic and deep. 

And something pop-y. This is a jam.


Ellie Goulding is one of my favorite artists. Her stuff is dance-y and soothing and mystical and enchanting. I love her voice.

11. Buy something you do not need.
I splurge every now and then. You have to. I consider a splurge, buying things I don't need. It doesn't have to be crazy expensive. Most times it is, because I am made of stardust and like the finer things. Like last year, I bought Doc Martens. I have wanted a pair of Docs since 1994, and I finally got them and everywhere I go people comment on them. They make me feel like a superhero. This year I bought this pencil skirt. It's acid wash and, again, is totally 90's, except that it gives me some Kardashian butt. Also, let's talk about how bangin' my legs are in this picture.

12. Send Christmas-in-July cards.
I killed two birds with one bullet with this one. I was the Assistant Stage Manager (ASM) for Brelby's production of "She Kills Monsters" and I wanted to give out thank-you cards to the cast and crew so I did Christmas-in-July Dungeons and Dragons-esque thank-you cards. The above picture is of a beholder wearing Santa hats. One of the weirder things I've done, but it was fun for me...

13. Reread a Harry Potter book.
Frankly, this one is business as usual. I try to reread the entire series every summer, but I was extra busy this year. It was one book only. I chose the first one, because it always gives me that feeling. That feeling of knowing you're reading something special, and bigger than yourself. 

16. Celebrate an obscure holiday and go all-out.

It was Mat's 22nd birthday. I love a birthday. And Mat hates everything, except Canada, so Shelby, and David, and I threw him a mini Canada birthday celebration complete with maple donuts, and pictures of Canadian celebrities saying Canadian birthday things. He sat at his Canadian birthday throne and wore the birthday crown while the cast sang to him. And he looks dead in my picture, but you know...we can't have it all.

20. Rock red lipstick A LOT_and pink_and orange_and coral. 
This was definitely not a hardship. I freaking love lipsticks and I look supermegafoxyawesomehot in some rocking red lipstick. I already had a lot of reds, pinks, and purples, so I bought a coral (pictured right) and that was a new look. I like it a lot though!

21. Bedazzle a flask.
Shelby invited me and Mia over for an impromptu craft day. She wanted to make chore charts for the plethora of boys living in her house, and I had no crafts in the works. Until I remembered this bucket list item. I did not think I would do this one when I started working through the list. I'm not really a flask person, but I thought, "meh, what the heck" and picked up some stuff. And now it's my favorite thing. I mean, look at it! I am now, definitely, a flask person! I can take it anywhere! Subtle it is not, but neither am I.

22. Donate clothes (simplify, simplify, simplify).
No picture. No need. I went through my drawers and found things I hadn't worn all year and wouldn't wear again. There's no point in keeping everything I've ever owned, and there are a lot of places and people that can use it. Simplify.

27. Wear crop tops around the house all the time, sending love to my non-flat belly.
Again, no picture. I own a couple of crop tops because I wear what I want. I'm very aware of what my body looks like and I have no shame, frankly if I wanted to wear one out of the house I would, and have. I do what I want.

28. Get my nose pierced.
Getting my nose pierced has been something I've wanted to do for years. On the original list, that author wants to get another tattoo. I have no tattoo's. I've been considering getting one, but that's a big decision. I couldn't just do that for a summer bucket list. A piercing is another story, however. I love piercings. In a real way. I have 8 in my ears, getting another one was not going to be a big deal. And I am thrilled with it! I love that I did this! 

30. Learn how to garden.
Behold! My collection of dead plants. This goal has been ongoing. See my previous blog post for the unfortunate history of me and living things...

31. Bake a pie.
I have always wanted to make a chocolate pie and I took this moment to try it out. It was the best decision I've ever made. It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but it was freaking delicious. And was gone the next day so I'm thinking everyone loved it as much as I did.

35. Draw faces on the food in my refrigerator.
The above picture is of the eggs. The bottom is of the Princess and the Pirate birthday cake I made for Brian. My sister opened the fridge and pulled out the eggs and was really confused as to who would do this. We were the only two in the house, but I almost didn't want to take credit and let her think a ghost did it.

38. Spend an entire day listening to Beatles songs.
Easy. Best music in the world.

40. Reboot the blog.
And done. I love writing and I love my blog. It's been a different couple of years and I wasn't sure how to write about it. But, it made me happy. And I just spent the entire summer trying to do things to make me happy, so here I am again. Back at the blog. A whole new adventure. Like a #bossassbitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.