The Kindness of Strangers

And wouldn't you know it, I forgot to take pictures of the food. Oh well. I thought they turned out pretty well and I had a good time at the party. I met some new people and it was just nice to not spend another Saturday by myself. Not that I mind, it was just nice.

I ordered an Iron Scroll Bakers Rack from Pier 1 a few weeks ago and it finally got here! I was so excited because until now I've had a ton of stuff just sitting on my counter tops because there's no room for them in the cupboards. My Starbucks coffee cup collection, spare coffee cups from my permanent collection, my cook books, all manner of random items that I do not have space for in my clown car sized apartment. So needless to say, this purchase is special and I couldn't wait for it to get here.

And it finally did! I went to pick it up from the store and it was too big to fit into my tiny clown car sized car.

When I was in the store signing for it, prior to them wheeling it out from the back room, a couple of guys came in and were chatting up the sales team waiting to pick up a sofa. These guys are like El Paso's Cheech and Chong. They were ridiculous!

But they came to my rescue. First by trying to force the backseat in my car down so we could put this thing in the trunk and into the backseat, next by suggesting I go to Home Depot and buy cables to tie it to the roof and offering to wait and help while I do that. But I was uncomfortable doing that and was finding out about the cost of having it delivered to my apartment and they were like, "No no no! Do you live far from here?" No, right up the street. "Put it in the truck we'll take it."

And two guys who had no business being in a Pier 1 saved me $55 and a long trek up the stairs, by myself, with a heavy cabinet.

And when I said thank-you isn't enough, they said "Pay it forward."

First chance I get.

Comments

  1. I love it when people decide to be nice to others. It reassures that this world isn't completely Godless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Plus it's always someone who you would never assume which keeps me humble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story. You should post an entry all about how you decide to pay it forward ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm not embarrassed I'll definitely write it up. Maybe I'll just casually drop it into a blog that I was able to pay it forward...we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.