Welcome To Miami!

I just spent, literally, the entire day traveling from El Paso to Miami, Florida for the American Psychology-Law Society (AP-LS) Conference. The first plane was delayed an hour, and then we had a short layover in Dallas Fort Worth that turned into a 2 hour delay, but, FINALLY, I'm in Miami!!

And it is 10:41 p.m. and 70 degrees and icky humid. By icky I just mean, humid...it's not that bad. But I don't like humidity. And because we were so late getting in, didn't really get to see any of Miami on the drive between the hotel and the airport.

But there's tomorrow!!

And tomorrow is day 1 of the conference!!!

I'm having a big nerdy Psychology moment here. It's my first conference and I cannot wait to see what it's like!!

Tomorrow kicks off at 8 a.m. with a workshop on grant writing from one of our professors at UTEP who has a monster grant that pays pretty much everyone except me so I'm going. And I picked something from every time slot. I don't know how conferences are supposed to work--some of my colleagues are doing half days where they go to workshops and then go sightseeing...but I paid for the conference, and I want to go! I want to network and hear about everyone's research!

I can't believe it's here already, and I'm so excited!!!

Bienvenido a Miami!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.