Not Now Chief...I'm in the Effin' Zone.

I got my haircut!

First one since I moved here.

Luckily, I have a really relaxed attitude about my hair; I believe that it will grow back. And as such, am not freaked out by cutting, or trimming, or whatever because it will eventually grow back.

I use the word luckily though, because this haircut turned into an adventure. I'm considering this my first real El Paso encounter.

In a city that is about 95% Hispanic, and almost everyone speaks Spanish, almost everyone also speaks English. Except Cecilia my stylist.

She knew enough English to say, "Hold on, little English." and then grab someone who knows big English. So I explained what I wanted and basically just told them to stick with the haircut as is just shorter and I basically got that. Which I'm viewing as a small miracle because even though I said it, I have no idea what they're talking about in Spanish, and I can't talk to her during and she can't ask me questions...I was a little nervous.

But after a silent 45 minutes I have a great haircut. It's a relief really. Because I love my stylist from Phoenix. I've been going to her for over 2 years. I email with her since I moved! One of the first things I thought about when I decided to move was will Lori relocate and if not who is going to cut my hair?!

It did take some work trying to convince her not to style it after it was cut. She really wanted to blow it dry or use the flat iron or something because while I'm sure "no" in English means "no" in Spanish, she kept grabbing the blow dryer and looking at me and back at the dryer.

But it's worked out. And something I've been avoiding for...since August has happened and it wasn't that bad.

Maybe I can be a little adventurous.

(10 points to anyone who can guess what youtube clip the title's from...)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.