Miss Phoenix?



I got that in the mail yesterday...NEVER!

In other news Juarez had an absolute massacre yesterday. 25 people killed in one day! It is absolute insanity! One thing I'm glad of is that I haven't heard gunfire--I do live on the border of New Mexico, but I work 5 minutes from there. My Dad and I have agreed to take the phrase, "it's not like you've moved to a third world country" out of our repertoire because while that is true, I'm not entirely sure it is. El Paso is nowhere near as violent or dangerous but it is right next door. It's a trip.


I got my key (somebody screwed up and while I have a key to my office I do not have a key to the building that my office is in??) and decided to buy a UTEP key chain for it and I'm a little embarrassed to say that that purchase made me feel like I belong to the school. I am pathetic! I've been using the copier for 2 weeks, calling people by their first names, I HAVE AN OFFICE, but it was the key chain that got me misty.

Really?

Yeah. Really.

Had another awkward moment with the only person who goes out of their way to talk to me when he sees me. Me and this guy will never be friends because we will never have a normal conversation. Unless that's who we are. The awkward friends.

I was waiting for someone and he walked by where I was sitting and said Miss Phoenix? And I definitely thought he'd given me a nickname. While that's not the normal/appropriate reaction and that's my fault, he doesn't use full sentences so I never know what he's talking about and I'm going to say that's his fault so I can feel a bit better about myself.

I still wish we actually spoke different languages so I could stop being such a spaz.

I'll get over it. Right now, aside from typing and watching Jimmy Fallon, I'm baking for our department's start of year party. I'm making a Gingered Strawberry Tart and Toffee Mocha Cupcakes. I overthought this decision. I've been waking up with the sweats thinking about what to bring. It's a very important decision! The faculty bought BBQ (naturally) and asked us to bring desserts if we want. I want. And I figured something fruit would go with BBQ and it's still hot outside, but it's also September...overthought. I'm pathetic. But they should taste good. I hope.

I'm still trying to figure out my oven because it sucks! (yay apartment living!) but so far the cupcakes have come out ok. The tops of one tray got stuck but they get frosted so who cares what they look like. The Tart doesn't get baked so that's the best! I'll put up pictures tomorrow if they work out, even if they don't who am I kidding?

Oh, and football started. I have a love hate relationship with football. I love it until I need to learn the rules...my Dad and I were going over my picks for the week and he had to explain something to me and it was barely 5 minutes into the new season and I was already saying I hated football.

It'll be interesting.

Thee key chain and key to my office. Trust me, I am very aware of how pathetic I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.