That's Not My Name




It's the most wonderful time of the year. Officially. Pumpkin Spice Latte's are back at Starbucks and only good things can follow. Including the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Fragrance Oil that's burning in my diffuser as I type. It smells like Fall even if it doesn't feel like it.

Things are starting to take shape. It is amazing to me how one thing can go so perfectly well and everything else is riding in on horse and buggy. For example, I bought a parking pass almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't come in the mail. First, I don't understand why they can't just let me pick up the parking pass at the office that is down the street from mine. Second, WHY ON EARTH IS IT TAKING SOOSOSOSOSOSOOO LONG TO GET HERE! I LIVE DOWN THE STREET!

I have always known and now have absolute confirmation that I am in no way shape or form a townie. I am big city, hustle and bustle, carbon emissions, a Starbucks within a Starbucks kind of girl. So no one can tell me ever again "oh just try it. You never know." I know. I do. I might like it here, but I don't know how I'm going to survive another 5 years of this.

But enough of that.

I spent a lot of time in...MY OFFICE!!! this week. I have an office! I love that I have an office! It's slightly sterile right now, all that's in there is one black and white picture of 3 flowers on the tan wall and a dead roach on the floor. The first thing I put in there will be a box of tissues because it is as cold as a witches kiss. The building is really old and there's only one A.C. unit for the entire building and there are rat labs on the second floor that take preference so I get to sit hour upon thrilling hour at a cozy 67 degrees.

I might die in there.

I got my TA assignments; I'm working for 2 professors and while one hasn't emailed me back, I met with the other one this morning and I'm excited to work with him. He's tried to recruit me into his lab already, but his area is child suggestibility in court and while he works with, primarily, sexual abuse victims I don't think I'm that interested. But this is my opportunity to find out and who knows what the future will bring. But for now, all I have to do for him is grade the class quizzes and proctor the Midterm and Final. While the schedule is permanent I have such a "loose" schedule by having my Mondays and Wednesdays free from class that I might get another addition later on in the semester. But if my other professor only wants me to do minimal work I can probably handle it.

I have class tomorrow, I'm going to the bank to close out my account here because they too are painfully slow (and incompetent), doing some last minute shopping and packing because on Saturday I am heading back to Phoenix for a lovely mini-break and to see my dear friend Kendra get married! I'm really excited because it might be my only trip back home during the semester. Depending on what's going on I might not get time off at Thanksgiving. But it will be a welcome break. I'm excited to get a hug.

Just a random aside, when I knew I was moving I started thinking about getting a puppy but now that I'm here I think I'll just keep the bird that sleeps on my balcony every night. Not that I have a choice; I'm not going to chase it away so I'm thinking of names. My favorites are T-bird, Gypsy, and Likely Bird Flu Carrier.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.