The Witch Hat-less Halloween.

Erin, my sister, was here for about 24 hours.

Quickest planned trip ever. There was the time over labor day that she met me at the airport and then went back to Tucson, but that wasn't supposed to happen.

We went to the El Paso Zoo, which may be the smallest zoo in existence. But we spent a few hours there so I guess it did what it was supposed to.

Getting there was an experience--we drove off a part of the freeway I've never taken before. I don't go that direction because it's the way you get to Juarez. As we got closer to the zoo the Mexican flag kept getting bigger and bigger...

...but it wasn't in Juarez. We did, however, find the Coliseum where the Academy had stayed and Erin declared her undying hatred of El Paso. They were right by the border, in the Coliseum right after the circus had come through town so yeah...I get it. Now that I've been down there. Dodgy.

We then went shopping, got sushi, found all the cute songs on her itunes and then went to bed. She hadn't been asleep yet because she works nights and went from work to the airport and to me! so yeah...bed time.

We decided to just take it easy this morning too--go out for breakfast, order a movie on payperview, and maybe do some shopping before her flight out this afternoon. Instead we got a knock on the door at 8:30 saying someone's water heater was broken in my building and can he come in and look at mine.

And wouldn't you know it; mine's broken! He was like, yeah that's why there's that big puddle of water under the stairs. Like I'm an idiot.

Every weekend, everyone does their laundry. EVERY WEEKEND, there is a big puddle of water under the stairs.

Whatever. They came in and replaced it.

And now there's a water heater sized stain on the landing right outside my door. Cute!

And Erin got a plane and is now being driven back to Tucson from Phoenix by our Dad because it is apparently impossible to get a plane out. El Paso is the Hotel California. You can't get here--to get to El Paso you have to fly through Phoenix so the planes are always full. And you can't leave. To get to anywhere else in the country you have to fly through Phoenix so the planes are always full. It's ridic! You'd think, by the way people who've lived here for a while talk about EP, people'd want multiple ways out!

PLUS! The Countdown to the Day My Car Explodes/Implodes began about a month ago when my air conditioning shut off for no reason. I was driving and had it turned on. I turned off the car to go into a store. I got back in the car and it was gone. For a week. Until the day of my Pep Boys appointment when it turned itself back on and has worked fine ever since.

New problem: right hand blinker. It's moving at double pace. I click it to signify a right turn and it goes "chicka-chicka-chicka-chicka" not "click...click...click...click." It's not a subtle difference either. And you can tell what it should sound like because the left hand blinker is just fine.

Stay tuned because it'll get interesting I'm sure.

Anyway, tonight I'm putting together goody bags. One for a friend, the others are Boo Bags.

I have Halloween candy and I'm making Pumpkin Spice Cookies--I wanted to do Witches Hats but after the Great Cookie Search of '09, where I scoured every grocery store within a 50 miles radius and finally found in a random Washington Post article on the internet THE COOKIE to make the hats, I have been foiled yet again. This time, however, it is NOT due to a lack of knowledge on my part. The cookie is most likely only sold in Safeway. There are no Safeway's here.

I am Witch Hat-less this Halloween. It'll be tough, but I think I'll manage.

Comments

  1. Usually if the blinker is going fast it means that the bulb is burnt out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought too, but it's still working, just going double time. Crazy car's at the end of it's life. Hopefully it lives until tax time. Fingers and toes crossed!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.