Superstitious Confession

I don't really have any superstitions, I just don't think the world works that way. But we're doing Macbeth next season and I know some of my friends who read this blog just cringed because I wrote the name and you can't even write the name! Don't say it, don't think it, don't write it, don't even breathe!! Because it's cursed and you'll have to do some sort of dance or spit in all directions of the wind while wearing puka shells and throwing yourself into oncoming traffic to get rid of the curse that comes from the Scottish play. 


But there is this thing that I started doing in high school that I still do for no reason at all. At this point it's like a weird reflex. So in high school, when me and my friends would be out driving around if we went through a yellow light we would kiss our hands and slap the roof. I know one of us started it and eventually all of us did it, but I'm sure I'm the only holdout (read: loser) who still does it. I don't know how or why, but that weird little tradition has carried on since we graduated. 

A friend of mine, from high school but not this crowd (I'm just so popular guys!), would come home from college in the summers and we would go to the movies and he would always make fun of me for it. He started with a genuine question, "do you think that does anything?" and when I said, "probably not" he made up a whole scenario where if we were stopped by the cops for running a red light he would tell them, "no no, this is a mistake! She did the hand thing--this girl kissed the roof! You guys don't know what you're doing." And we thought it was hilarious.

Because it was. 

So tell me. Any superstitions? Aren't we all just a little stitious? Happy Confession Tuesday friends!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.