Monic-onfession

Today is my dear friend Monica's birthday!! She is my friend that I've known the longest in my life and I'm hers. Isn't that weird? We met in Junior High, we were pals, besties in high school, kept in touch in college, and I will always consider her one of my best friends. And today's her birthday!! We're not just friends because at this point we both know too much, but because she's one my favorite people ever. She's hilarious and fun, she's smart and talented, she's gorgeous and has amazing taste in jewelry, even better taste in men because I adore her husband (super rare tbh), and I just love being around her.

Mindy Kaling said it best when she said that, "best friend isn't a person, it's a tier" and lucky me, I have so many amazing people on that tier these days. These people stick around through the best and worst points in my life and my first confession of the day is that I don't let them in the way I should and I'm sorry I do that. I'm sorry that I don't always let you help me, but I'm so glad you're all still here. These are the people that believe in me long after I've stopped believing in myself, got me through break-ups, self-tanning and acrylic nail mishaps, and have made me a better version of myself. So in honor of one of my besties on her birthday, I'm confessing some of the perks of having lifelong friends!

Confession: You never run out of things to talk about. Ever. There's just so much material to work with.

Confession: There's zero judgement between you. Ever. Because you saved their ass that one night when we were TP-ing! Laugh all you want ladies, I'd do it again!

Confession: No need to impress! Break out the sweatpants and homemade face masks. Yes I am going to wax things in front of you. We went through our awkward teen years together which means we can fully appreciate how flawless we are now.

Confession: You just pick up where you left off. Like the longest, most amazing conversation you've ever had. It's literally a lifelong conversation that never ends and never needs to be explained.

Confession: There's no such thing as an awkward silence. Just comfort. You don't need to talk or do something because you're good to just sit and watch them fall asleep after a Chrismukkah rager.

Confession: We get to watch each other grow up. It's totally insane to think about how much has changed since we first met and now we're both adult humans with a place in society. I got to watch that happen to another person. And we have so much more in front of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.