Confessions of a Dead Girl Walking

I have lived in two different apartments since first moving out on my own. And in very different locations, the first in downtown Phoenix, the other in El Paso, Texas. I get all moved in, which is always a multiple day ordeal of lugging boxes, fighting with delivery truck people, so much crying (I've never moved and not cried for some reason), and my parents helping unpack lots of stuff so that it will begin to feel like home sooner, but finally everything is there and I am officially moved in.

So I spend my first night and without fail, the next morning there is a dead bird on my balcony.

Confession: I think I've been cheating death.

I mean, that can't be good. It has to be a bad omen of some kind.

It makes no sense! And I'm 1 for 1 with bad stuff happening in those places so I don't even know if it's really a bad thing or what. I did some research on symbolism and one site I read said that seeing birds, even dead ones, isn't so much a sign of actual death, rather a sign of new opportunities. The thing you were wrestling with, like an unhealthy relationship or wanting a new job, some kind of problem, is done and the universe is giving you permission to move forward.

But I'm already in the new apartment. In a new part of town, or an entirely new town! My first step in my new life is apparently to call the maintenance person to bring gloves and come get the dead bird.

Spill guys. What bad omens follow you around?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.