Here's to 2014

I did not see 2014 coming. At all. I was in a bad place at the end of 2013, and then 2014 galloped in and swept me off my feet. It will go down in history as the year I came back to life. I'll never be able to pinpoint what made me say "yes" to this year but it was as simple as going somewhere new, being around new people, letting that change the way I did other things and parts of me I thought I'd never see again, started coming back. 

It feels weird. But I might get used to it.  

I never thought I did New Year's Resolutions, but I guess I do. Or did. I know a few years ago my resolution was to do things that scare me. Any things. So I went to New York, moved to a new state, cut all my hair off. It was a pretty intense year. I don't remember making one this year, or last year, or for a few years. I did a "totally doable" bucket list this summer though (#bossassbitch), and it was crazy fun! Things like "Eat a whole watermelon," things I could/actually would do, not ridiculous things like "jump off a cliff." But I'm not doing one for the whole year. Yet.

Because frankly, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe that would be amazing. 


Hmmm...

But for now I'm just going to throw some practical resolutions out there and see if anything sticks this year. Here we go:

Sit up straighter

Hit the snooze button less

Floss more

Watch old movies

Drink more water

Talk to strangers

Watch the temper 

Get back in the pool/find my swimsuit

Make my bed everyday (even if it's just half-assed)

Really learn to cook for 1 person

Go out more/drink more/make more mistakes/be more brave

Blog more 

That's me, though. Whatever you do, wherever you go, I hope you are courageous and confident, have the chance to love fiercely and be loved in return, and that you try new things and rediscover old favorites. And like the song says, for auld lang syne my dears.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.