My Last Confession

Of 2014. Relax.

This is the last confession of the year, you guys! As such, I thought I'd reflect and go back to the beginning of 2014 on this glorious Confession Tuesday.

The first decision I made in 2014 was to start wearing bangs.

Best. Choice. Ever. I love having a fringe! I think it brings more attention to my eyes, which are already my best feature, then a friend of mine told me I sometimes look like Zooey Deschanel which is the best compliment! It's a good hair year for me; I like the bangs, I like what they do for my face and they make me all sassy.

But it's not all good.

Confession: On the days I don't do my hair, I have a mullet. 

If I'm not leaving the house or planning on seeing people, or planning on wearing a hat, I'll just let my hair air dry. It's so long and it's an ordeal to break out the blow dryer and all the accoutrements it takes to get my hairs did. So. If I don't dry my bangs, I end up with this hideous horrible version of a lady mullet (which is an oxymoron because what kind of lady would have a mullet?).

And you know what? I hate it. Bangs are simultaneously the best and worst thing ever. Ugh. If non-blowdried bangs were my business hair? Ain't no party or business, I'd never work again. And frankly, my hair needs to be brushed on the regular or it will just start turning itself into dreads. It's so bizarre. So maybe there's a little bit of a party back there, that's like playing hacky sack and getting ready to audition for some t.v. reality singing competition (white guys with dreads, anyone?). My hair. It's absurd.

On a different note, thank you so much for reading my blog this year, all my confessions and never making me feel weird or stupid for (over)sharing! I have loved reading all of yours and getting to know plenty of new things about people who choose to partake. I'm definitely looking forward to 2015. New year, new confessions!!

So tell us, for the last time in 2014, what do you look like on your day off OR when you try to look good and it goes wrong? We've all got those... Confess it to us! You'll feel better once you show us! Pictures please!! I can't wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Streusel Cupcakes.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from Holiday Movies

Quick, Quick.